Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Christmas!






Wishing a very Merry Christmas to family and friends!
It’s a time for reflection, as 2008 ends.

We’ve had a great year, full of excitement and fun
Gavin is growing up fast, even if he’s only one!

This time last year, he wore a wee Santa suit,
But now he’s walking, climbing stairs, and singing to boot!

He has learned to sleep in his crib all alone
And this Spring his obsession was buttons on the phone.

Oh, what a shock when Grammy answered the door
With Gavin following behind, army crawling on the floor

She peaked her head out, blinded by a light, she cried “oh!’
Who was the visitor? Two officers of the Five-O.

Gavin, it seems, had called 911.
I guess to report that he was having so much fun!

His punishment, no more phone, may seem outlandish,
But the remote was next to go when the TV only knew Spanish.

The keychain privilege also lost, it broke his heart
But he kept pushing the buttons that made my car start.

From restaurants, church, or sitting at home
My car would be idling in the driveway all alone.

Oh, yes, Gavin’s a handful, but he couldn’t be cuter,
Even when he’s constantly turning off the computer.

That bright blue light is too much to ignore
He pushes the button and poof! My email draft is no more.

Gavin surely does keep me on my toes
Or on the ground, in pain, after he bites HARD on my nose.

But at the end of the day, my heart he does keep.
When I see that sweet angel finally asleep!

I hope this Christmas finds you all doing fine
And best wishes for a Happy 2009!

6 comments:

Larsen Lowdown said...

Love the poem! You look so good!! It sure is hard to beleive that Gavins sweet looking face has gotten into so much trouble! Is he always smiling? He looks like such a happy little thing! ---robyn

Nicole said...

you should start a business writing christmas newsletter poems. so cute!

The Wrights said...

What a sweet boy. Love the Christmas letter. Your loving pretty svelte Ms. Lauren. Merry Christmas!!

La La said...

Gavin really is a sweet boy, and a very good boy, too. He just has a love of pushing buttons! I didn't want to brag too much about how PERFECT he is in the poem, so I may have left the impression that he is a terror, which he certainly is not! He is the cutest, coolest, cuddliest baby ever!

Randy said...

awesome poem lauren. gavin is pretty dang cute (and sweet and yes i would agree with the word perfect) but look who he came from! When you left our house the other day loni and i were both commenting on how absolutely beautiful you are. Merry Christmas!

The Wright Family said...

Sorry I am a little behind in catching up on my blog time. I became consumed with that darn Facebook...but no more. I closed the facebook so I could spend what little time I want to on the computer on those who matter most. I love the poem, it was hilarious. Happy New Year...I hope this year brings you many wonderful things. -Heather